Thursday 3 January 2013

Michael Freeman's Digital Photography Reference System

I have bought myself Michael Freeman's Digital Photography Reference System. It is a set of 7 different items that are aimed at helping an enthusiast photographer improve.

the items are
a book covering the Art of Digital Photography - this is the main book. it contains 4 different chapters - composition, colour, light and subjects & styles. this is where I feel I'm learning the most from this.

a digital camera handbook - a handy little guide to digital cameras and what the different functions are used for.

digital photography workflow - I'm always interested in different peoples workflow, not just for tips on how to do things easier but also how they make sure everything is backed up. Also, how they keep track of their files so they can find them again easily.

a book on image editing and special effects - a very handy book that covers the basics of digital photo editing and some more advanced things to try as well

a shooting tips pocket guide - worth a read but I found that I knew most if not all of this already. It's probably more suitable for a beginner.

a shooting tips wallet guide - contains an exposure table and an ISO table plus some basic hints and tips. I would have liked a hyper-focal distance chart as well in here.

a DVD with 50 mins of video

It all comes in a metal presentation case and the RRP on this is £59.99 but you should be able to pick this up a bit cheaper.

I have learned quite a lot from this so I can quite happily recommend this to somebody who has progressed beyond a beginner and still wants to learn. It will also make an excellent gift for somebody, it's very well presented in the case and the books have that quality feel to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment