Friday 4 January 2013

Canon Pixma MG2150 printer review

I have bought this printer for use at home, basically for general use at home rather than photo printing. I normally send out for my prints but I've decided to run a few off and compare the quality I get here versus lab prints.

I bought the printer for £25 so it really is a budget choice. 

Ink cartridges 
It takes two different cartridges, black & colour. These are available in two different sizes - standard and XL. The cartridge codes are 
Colour CL-541
Colour CL-541XL
Black PG-540
Black PG-540XL

on the first print I have two issues

issue 1 - the colour is off - and I mean way off, this is a photo of the output and the lab print, the lab print is the larger of the two. This can be fixed by getting the printer colour calibrated, I didn't expect it to be spot on but I thought out of the box it would be better than this.

issue 2 - there are marks being left by the printer on the print - these look like they are being caused by the rollers in the printer as it feeds the paper through. This is a deal breaker for me, Canon in their marketing blurb claim the printer can produce lab quality prints - if any lab sent me prints with these lines on I'd return them demanding re-prints or a refund.

I'll upload some photos showing these issues when I get a chance.

So for £25 does it do the job I need it to? Yes - I only need it to copy things and for general printing. If you want to do any photo printing then don't get this printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment