Thursday 22 March 2012

Ayrton Senna's Toleman Turbo


One of my other passions is motorsport and one thing caught my attention today, Ayrton Senna’s 1984 Toleman Turbo is going to auction in May. Link here.

He drove this car to second place at Monaco in 1984, phenomenal drive that put him on the map as a great driver. If that race hadn’t been stopped early he may even have finished 1st. Given how poor the car was, he did an amazing job with it finishing in 9th place in the driver’s standings. When trying to compare Senna vs Schumacher I always think of this – Senna’s worst position in the drivers standing was 9th driving this car, Schumacher’s worst was also 9th, driving for Mercedes in 2010 using the car/team that won the drivers and constructors titles the year before.
 It’s difficult to estimate what something like this will sell for, I’d expect it to be well into the millions. Guess I’ve got 2 months to win the lottery then.


No comments:

Post a Comment