Friday 21 March 2014

New lens - Tamron SP 70-300mm f4-5.6 Di USD Lens

This lens is on it's way to me, it's to replace my broken Sigma 70-300, the sigma stripped it's focus gears and isn't worth paying to get fixed. It also had fairly poor image quality so even if it still worked I would have been considering replacing it. The old Sigma has the same aperture as the new lens, the new lens however should have much better image quality and also much faster auto-focus thanks to it's USD focus motors.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with the sigma yet - they do sell for about £10-£15 broken on ebay - there is enough of them breaking that I'm able to make this prediction.

When the new lens arrives I'll do some side by side comparisons of the two lenses to show the difference in IQ.

I'm also considering selling my minolta 100-200mm f4.5, when the sigma was working I hardly used the minolta, IQ was a touch better on the minolta but because the sigma has a much greater range that was the one I kept in my camera bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment